Monday, July 20, 2009

Re-entry

Well so I am back “home” and it feels very strange but good. The jet lag combined with the excitement and some stress about life manifested in three days of insomnia! I guess you all know me well enough to know that I never had trouble sleeping before. For the first days I just wasn’t able to sleep more than 4 or 5 straight hours at night or day, and couldn’t take naps either!

It many ways I feel a lot different than last summer when I came on vacations, of course now that I see it as where I’ll stay forever makes it a lot more dramatic… or as much as it’s possible with my so-called flat emotions…

I’ve been out in town twice already, once on Friday and then again on Saturday. On Friday I went out with a friend from my job, I had a few rum and cokes, we just cached up nothing special or too wild. On Saturday I met with my friend Adriana (the one who lives in London) who arrived on Thursday and three friends of hers. We first met in the same bar I was the day before and that I like, but then we went to another places suggested by one of her friends and we both hated it. It was just awful and the worst part was that I had to pay $120 entrance (about CHF 11), it was absolutely not worth it and you guys know I don’t like paying for nothing. I’d describe it as a bad Mexican antro. Anyhow we managed to have some fun, making fun of other people and having a couple of drinks. It’s so cool to have her here at least for the first two weeks to make the re-entry a little easier.

So this is it for now, I have to start working on the thesis today even if it’s just a little bit.

Please comment and drop by in here so I am encouraged to keep it going this time. I promise I’ll try to post on a regular basis at least for a while, as a means to keep in touch.


Ciao ragazzi


PS: Next I'll post a few pics from the last day at oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment